Smartwatches, those smart watches created to make our daily lives a little easier, son los dispositivos “;vestibles”; that have had the greatest impact in recent years. Its different designs range from elegant and sophisticated, even sports and casual, receiving a personalization stamp from each manufacturer –which are already many–. We share our list of the best smartwatch models of this year.
Are you looking for a specific type of smartwatch?
What is a smartwatch
If you have come this far it is because surely you wonder what is a smartwatch? Initially, You will be interested to know that these are the evolution of watches, thus adapting to people's needs, which every day are more digitized. Hence, watches have gone from being an accessory used simply to adorn your appearance and indicate the time, to be a technological tool with several very useful functions. And it is that humans, we have focused all our efforts on synthesizing the tasks, facilitate them and make them less complicated.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are you looking for a specific type of smartwatch?
- 2 What is a smartwatch
- 3 What is a smartwatch for?
- 4 Smartwatch functionalities
- 5 Advantages of smartwatch
- 6 List of the best smartwatches
- 7 Conclusions
An example quite known around the world, it's smartphones. This device, like many others, packs a lot of functions together and is really easy to take with you anywhere. Conventional watches only served two functions, report the time and adorn your appearance. For this, had the need to reinvent themselves and include more functions And it was certainly a spectacular idea!! Well, nowadays you can have a large number of solutions at your fingertips..
The best part about smartwatches is that they don't get in the way, they are the same size as a conventional watch, with the big difference that these in addition to informing the time and being an ornament for your clothes, they bring with them many of the applications that you can find on a mobile. Well, so to speak smartwatches are a complement to your phone. However, you will surely wonder what a smartwartch is for, Well, the truth is that its functions are varied and then we present them to you.
What is a smartwatch for?
Regarding the uses of smartwatches, we can say that they constitute a data storage and processing center. So these are your best allies to carry out a large number of tasks. Therefore, If you were wondering what a smartwatch does, you can say that makes your life easier, being a tool that will help you to lighten some activities such as:
- Physical training: When you do any type of physical activity, smartwatches can be very useful, as, provide information about your health, such as heart rate, calories expended,…; In addition to information about physical activity what do you do. Kilometers traveled, repetitions performed, among other. This is all due to the sensory technology built into its touch screen..
- Protect your health: What's more, it can function as an alarm when you have been too sedentary for a day, since they can monitor your vital signs.
- Travel the world: Losing yourself is no longer a possibility if you use a smartwach, the reason? have a global positioning system (GPS). Namely, wherever you are, you can guide yourself without the need for a map or compass, You just have to look at your wrist!
- Connect from anywhere: Without a doubt, disconnecting for many is not an option. Which it's, it can become an impediment to carrying out tasks in which you will have to leave your phone for one reason or another. Thinking about this, smartwatches can connect to your phone, allowing you like this, receive important notifications, posts, whatsapp, etc. This way you will never be disconnected! No matter where you are.
- Receive and make calls: Some models come with the hands-free function, hence, you can take calls without having to stop driving or do any other activity.
Remotely control your phone: Using your smartwatch you can remotely control some functions of your phone such as; power on the camera or you can play and change the music.
It is these new functions that have made the smartwatch an increasingly used device.. Having one is synonymous with have the solution to many problems on your wrist for those who previously needed flashy gadgets.
In summary, smartwatches provide the following functionalities:
- Smartwatches are the ideal tool for sports. As, measure steps, distance traveled, calories consumed, heart rate, sleep quality. Many models provide the ability to create new routes and positioning. This is due to its GPS Glonass technology..
- What's more, thanks to IP68 water resistance in many cases they are the ideal complement for water sports. They also have an altimeter and barometer, definitely, they are a great complement for athletes.
- These wearables are synchronized with our smartphone via bluetooth providing us with phone notifications on the watch. What's more, models that include a SIM slot, they even allow call directly from the watch.
- These special Android watches, provide the ability to install a variety of smartwatch apps. For example, By installing different watchfaces you can change the aesthetics and customize the phone according to each occasion. There are countless watchfaces installed or to install.
Advantages of smartwatch
However, Perhaps you wonder what a smartwatch does that other technological devices cannot do. The answer is simple, this in addition to being a comfortable technological device, has unified a variety of quite extensive and advantageous functions. For this reason, you will have at your disposal many tools necessary for your daily life and you will feel comfortable wearing them on your wrist. Smartwatches are also an elegant and modern accessory for your outfits, a perfect complement to your smartphone. For this reason, every day it is more common to see their marketing hand in hand with them.
A fine, smartwatches are another of those technological inventions that are becoming a fad, and little by little in need. Given the, As we can see, there are many tasks that facilitate us, thus becoming one of the most important technological inventions of recent times.
You may be interested in our selection of the best women's smartwatches.
List of the best smartwatches
They have such diverse functionalities that have the potential to become very efficient assistants, keeping a detailed record of our lifestyle, while making recommendations and warning about the good and bad habits of the user.
However, it is difficult to make the decision to choose one of these devices, there is such a wide range of options, that it is difficult to choose the smartwatch that best suits our needs, which makes our purchase process difficult.
In this way, we share our selection of the best smartwatches of this year, feature-based, technical data and product qualities. We hope it helps you to have a little clearer ideas when choosing one of these wearables..
- 【Support SIM card and TF card】 Insert a SIM card, only support without 2g, does not work without 4g,the watch can make and answer calls / send and answer messages independently. Insert a TF card, you can take photos, play music and record voices with this watch
- 【Multifunction smart watch】 Pedometer, / Calories / Distance / Sleep monitor / Camera and music Remote control / Alarm / Calculator / Calendar / Record / Anti-lost / Find phone / Message and call notification (WhatsAPP, Messenger, Facebook, Skype, Twitter, LinkedIn ...)
- 【Notification vibration】 When you receive a phone call, SMS or app messages like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc., this smart watch will remind you of the vibration. you will never miss important calls or messages. The name of the caller and some of the content will be displayed on the screen. (Note: this function is only available for Android phones, does not work with iPhone)
- 【There is no iPhone app】 the app "FunRun" not compatible with iPhone, the Iphone, the watch can only make / answer calls, play BT music by connecting with iPhone via Bluetooth.
- 【System requirements】 Bluetooth V4.0, Android 4.4 or higher, iOS 7.1 or higher (can't work with Huawei P8, Samsung J3, windows smartphone, iPad, PC or tablet)
- 【1.3 inch large screen with brightness adjustment】 This smartwatch has a large 1.3 ”screen,this allows you to clearly view the sport data and messages displayed on the watch. The screen is full touch and has 4 screen layouts. You can adjust the brightness of the watch to suit each situation, this way you can see it well during the day, the night, outdoors or indoors.
- 【IP68 waterproof and long battery life】 You can use it while washing your hands, take a shower, swim or dive underwater (up to 3 meters underwater). Charge 2 hours, can use 7-10 days. It will fully adapt to your daily needs.
- 【Stopwatch and Special Functions】 This smart bracelet has some special functions such as: stop the clock, Alarm, Countdown, flash, breath training, Feminine care. You can use the activity monitor with the VeryFitPro app to record periods or symptoms to learn more about your health.
- 【Multifunction smartwatch] Cardiac monitor, sleep monitor, pedometer, distance, calories burned, music control, anti loss, GPS tracking and 14 sports modes (walk, to run, cycling, yoga, climbing, basketball, badminton, football, trekking, brace and run, fitness, dance, tennis and american football), messages and call notification (WhatsApp, Messenger, Facebook , Skype, Twitter, LinkedIn, …).
- 【Compatible with iOS and Android phones】 You can easily download the app "VeryfitPro" scanning the QR code included in this documentation or searching for it in the Google Play Store. Compatible with Android 4.4 or higher and with iOS 7.1 or higher (Note: may not work with Huawei P8, Samsung J3, J5, Windows smartphone, iPad, PC otablets.)
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
- Accelerometer, barometer, altimeter, speedometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor and light sensor
- Up to 4 days of use without charging the battery (depending on the use)
- Resistant to extreme temperatures, shocks and vibrations
- IP68 certified that makes it resistant to dust and submersible up to 1,5 meters or 30 minutes in fresh water (not recommended for swimming or diving)
- Ability to answer calls and listen to music from the watch (Wi-Fi required)
Xiaomi Amazfit Bip
- ✅ FUNCTIONS: heart rate monitor, sleep monitor, call reminder, information notification, GPS + Glonass, watch alarm: see statistics while raising your arm. At that time automatically adjusts the screen brightness according to the surroundings., to prevent your eyes from suffering and at the same time save battery power.
- ✅ COMPATIBILITY: Android 4.4, iOS 9.0 and above with Bluetooth 4.0 so you can keep track of: Racing and Cycling with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- ✅ FEATURES: The best option to achieve all your fitness goals: 4 sport modes, GPS, 3-axis accelerometer, Optical Heart Rate Sensor, Barometer and Compass.
- ✅ IP68 AND LAST GENERATION BATTERY: IP68 certified that classifies it as resistant to water and dust, Ultra-light 32g weight and up to 45 days of battery life and 30 days of regular use.
- ✅ OFFICIAL APP: It has a Compatible Official App: My Fit and device with Connection: Wi-Fi
Huawei Watch GT Sport
- Provides a two-week battery performance to stay with you wherever you go
- In conjunction with Harvard Medical School CDB Center, HUAWEI TruSleep 2.0 identifies common sleep problems and provides over 200 suggestions to help you sleep better
- HUAWEI TruSeen 3's monitoring technology.0 provides a more efficient and accurate way in real time to measure your heart rate through innovative sensors
- Supports 3 satellite positioning systems (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO) globally for faster positioning, and precise
- System Requirements: Android 4.4 or later; iOS 9.0 the later
- Smartwatches are here to stay. It is very convenient to have the important information from your mobile at a quick glance of the wrist. What's more, models with built-in SIM offer you the possibility of making and receiving calls without using your smartphone.
- In the line of any smartphone today, provide countless applications that help in any daily aspect of the day to day. Thanks to its built-in GPS, can be used as excellent training tools sports.
- All models of Smartwatch or smart watches, They are pedometer watches. They count daily steps, calories consumed, quality of daily sleep. What's more, they notify you if your daily activity is sedentary. Many models monitor the heart rate. Definitely, are an excellent device for the control of your health.
- Regarding its aesthetics, even though many models have a casual or sporty aesthetic, it is possible to easily change the face of your watch allowing an instant aesthetic change. This will allow you adapt the appearance of your smartwatch to the moment or environment you need.
Do not hesitate and buy a smart watch, the benefits are increasing. Join the future and get your smartwatch!!
Other sections that should interest you:
- More information related to wearable devices
- Guide of female smart watches
- Entrance with the smart watches for kids
- Xiaomi Amazfit Bip
- Detail of the best android wear apps